Enliven Intensive Home Support, a service of Presbyterian Support East Coast provides support services for older people so they can live and enjoy life as a valued part of our community.
Looking for flexible hours to fit around your family?
We currently have permanent part-time positions available for support workers across all our teams which include Napier, Taradale, Hastings and Havelock North.
Make a real difference every day – become a Community Support Worker
- Are you caring and compassionate?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career in an industry that supports older people to remain independent and live the life they choose?
- Are you looking for an employer who will support you to grow your skills and gain qualifications?
- At Enliven you will become part of an incredible team who help transform the lives of our clients daily.
Why choose Enliven?
The benefits of joining the Enliven team include:
- Work flexible hours to fit around your family
- Become part of an essential service
- Pay between $22.49 – $28.25 p/hour depending on qualifications and experience in line with Ministry of Health pay equity settlement.
- Guaranteed hours, minimum 40 per fortnight, opportunity to pick up extra hours.
- Paid training and induction, including a comprehensive orientation programme working alongside a qualified team member
- Reimbursement for time and travel costs between clients, plus exceptional travel
- Paid weekly team meetings
- Regular team training sessions
- Morning and evening shifts between 7am and 7.30pm (Mon – Sun)
- Fixed fortnightly work patterns (Rostered off every second weekend) to enable work/life balance
- Week 1: Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat, Sun
- Week 2: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
- Opportunity to further qualifications
- The support of a friendly, locally based support centre
- The support and direction of an extensive multi-disciplinary team
- Immediate start available.
About the Role
In this role, no two days will be the same. You will work alongside clients with different support needs, providing them with the assistance they require to live independently in their own homes.
The types of support you will provide include:
- Helping with domestic duties, shopping, meal preparation and housework
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Personal care, including showering and dressing
- Medication oversight/assistance
- Carrying out client’s cares as outlined by their individual Support Plan
To be successful in this role
- You need to have a genuine desire to make a positive difference in people’s lives – no previous carer support experience is required.
- You need to be able to work early mornings and/or evenings and weekends on a rostered basis (Mon – Sun).
- You need to have a good grasp of the English language and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- You will have a full or restricted driver’s licence and a reliable insured vehicle.
- You will be eligible to live and work in New Zealand.
- Fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccination against Covid-19.