Enliven Intensive Home Support, a service of Presbyterian Support East Coast (PSEC) provides support services for older people so they can live and enjoy life as a valued part of our community
We currently have permanent part-time positions available for support workers across all our teams which include Napier, Taradale, Hastings, and Havelock North.
Make a real difference every day – become a Community Support Worker
The benefits of joining the Enliven team include:
- Become part of an essential service
- Pay between $22.49 – $28.25 p/hour depending on qualifications and experience in line with Ministry of Health pay equity settlement.
- Guaranteed hours, minimum 40 per fortnight, opportunity to pick up extra hours.
- Paid training and induction, including a comprehensive orientation programme working alongside a qualified team member
- Reimbursement for time and travel costs between clients, plus exceptional travel
- Paid weekly team meetings
- Regular team training sessions
- Smart phones
- Morning and evening shifts between 7am and 7.30pm (Mon – Sun)
- Work patterns available to ensure work/life balance
- Opportunity to further qualifications
- The support of a friendly, locally based support centre
- The support and direction of an extensive multi-disciplinary team
- Immediate start available
About the Role
In this role no two days will be the same. You will work alongside clients with different support needs, providing them with the assistance they require to live independently in their own homes.
The types of support you will provide include:
- Helping with domestic duties, shopping, meal preparation and housework
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Personal care, including showering and dressing
- Medication oversight/assistance
- Carrying out client’s cares as outlined by their individual Support Plan
To be successful in this role
- You need to have a genuine desire to make a positive difference in people’s lives – no previous carer support experience is required.
- You need to be able to work early mornings and/or evenings and weekends on a rostered basis (Mon – Sun).
- You need to have a good grasp of the English language and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- You will have a full or restricted driver’s licence and a reliable insured vehicle.
- You will be eligible to live and work in New Zealand
PSEC VISION – Te Matakite
Communities reaching their potential
E nanaiore ana te pito mata o ngā hāpori
PSEC MISSION – Te Kawenga
Lead social change with courage and care
Me māia, me kumanu te arahanga i te panoni pāpori
PSEC VALUES – Ngā Whanonga pono
Guardianship – Kaitiakitanga
Connections – Whanaungatanga
Unity – Kotahitanga