Presbyterian Support is one of the largest providers of social and health services in New Zealand. Our East Coast team is made up of over 250 staff and 150 volunteers across our services, which include Enliven and Family Works in Hawke’s Bay and Tairāwhiti, and three charity shops.
Enliven Day Programmes, a service of PSEC, support older people so they can live and enjoy life as a valued part of our community. Along with social connection, our Day Programmes provide Strength and Balance exercise classes and cognitively stimulating, fun and engaging activities.
Our team works alongside clients and their families/whanau to provide individually tailored support programmes that allow older people to live life fully and maximise independence.
About the role:
This is a leadership role that will require you to make a positive difference in people’s lives. You will need compassion, energy, and creativity. Be excellent in planning, have good time management skills, and the ability to work flexibly is also essential.
You will be responsible for the management and service outcomes for our Enliven day programmes and exercise classes for older people in our community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting a thriving team culture.
- Create a fun and exciting service for our clients and team
- To build relationships across the sector
- To ensure the programme delivers a sustainable high quality of service.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Outstanding people skills and leadership experience.
- The ability to be creative with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication, organisational, and facilitation skills.
- Experience in community-based services.
- The ability to deliver programmes that are inclusive of all participants.
- The ability to practically include Māori culture into programme content.
- Experience or qualified health professional with experience in supporting older clients including Diversional therapy, Occupational therapy and Nursing.
- Confident computer skills with experience in Excel & Word.
- A passion for delivering high-quality services.
- A focus on teamwork.
- Experience in using client management programmes and rostering.
- Experience in developing and adapting monthly programme schedules.
- Previous experience in reporting on service deliverables.
- Full time Monday – Friday
- $33 p/h
- Work with a small close-knit team who are passionate about our service and work closely together.
- Employer of choice, not-for-profit sector.
Applications close 13th November 2022.