Through our Family Works service, we aim to make Aotearoa New Zealand the best place in the world to grow up – a place where all tamariki are safe, whānau and strong, and communities are connected.
About the role:
Family Works Tairāwhiti are looking for an experienced registered, qualified social worker who is passionate about supporting and empowering whānau and rangatahi to make positive life choices and decisions in life.
You will be required to co-facilitate a range of group programmes, have an understanding of Te Reo Māori and Tikanga and be able to engage and connect with whānau in our community.
Family Works, Te Whare o te Pa Harakeke, Tairāwhiti have a commitment to delivering, bi-cultural, support that wraps around the individual and their whānau.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Develop relationships with whanau based on the principles of child-centered whānau led, trauma informed, strength-based solution focused practice.
- Complete all Social Work and Ministry of Justice assessments with a strong focus around risk and safety.
- Facilitate delivery of programmes to bring about positive change which includes Parenting, Safety Programmes, Anger Management and Non Violence Programmes and other programmes as required
- Active participation in service including initiatives to strengthen interventions and engagement practices with Māori models of practice such as Te Ara Whakamana and Te Whare Tapa Wha.
You will need:
- Current registration and Practising certificate as a Social Worker with at least 5 years experience.
- Integrate Cultural understanding and values to everyday clinical practice.
- Must be flexible in their approach to their mahi with a commitment to go the extra mile for whānau.
- A clean full drivers license
- Be energetic, culturally competent, resilient, team player and flexible.
Any enquiries please call Caroline Thompson, Service Manager 0212983057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants who reside and full rights to work in New Zealand will be considered.