Enliven Disability Services work alongside young people under 65 living with a disability. We aim to empower and support our clients to live an extraordinary life as valued members of the community. You will be part of a team working to make a difference in your local community.
We are looking for a Literacy and Numeracy Tutor to support clients and facilitate the planning, and day-to-day delivery of courses provided under the adult community education (ACE) contract working with people with disabilities.
You will be required to deliver interesting and innovative English and Maths tutoring sessions that reflect our student group, supporting students to achieve their own goals and aspirations.
- Planning and Providing a high quality literacy and numeracy tutoring service which is focused on student choice and need in a manner that reflects the Organization’s philosophy and mission statement “Leading social change with courage and care”.
- Keeping accurate records of students attending the classes and facilitate the completion of course evaluations from students
- Providing a safe and respectful environment that encourages students to grow and meet their full potential
- Where possible, supporting students in the “access community first” approach to achieving goals, training outcomes, or social activities
- Supporting other Tutors
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills – including active listening,
- Student focused teaching techniques
- Patience and empathy
- Good time management skills
To be a successful you will have a passion for supporting people with disabilities, a desire to see people reach their potential, and an ability to see each person as an individual, with unique needs and abilities.
You will need tutoring experience and experience in working with people with disabilities.
Why work with us:
At Enliven, we value our staff, we understand that people want an opportunity to grow and develop in their careers. Our work environment is supportive, with access to an extensive range of training programmes.
While you work for us, we can provide you with opportunities to gain a recognised NZQA qualification at no cost. We are committed to continuous learning and supporting a career pathway with opportunities within our organisation, and the wider disability sector.
You will become part of the PSEC team, leading social change with courage and care.
For more information about this unique and interesting role, contact Ali Shapland on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9 July 202