About the role:
We are seeking a qualified Social Worker to join our Social Workers in Schools Team (SWiS). This rewarding role will see the successful applicant work with children and their families who have been referred by their school, or other agency. You’ll work alongside young people as they grow and have the opportunity to leave a positive and lasting impact.
You’ll undertake strength and needs assessment with the child and whānau and develop a plan with them to improve safety, wellbeing, and educational outcomes. Your plan will take into account the physical, emotional, cultural, spiritual, social, and educational needs of the child and whānau.
You will work confidently and collaboratively with principals, teaching staff, and other professionals, regularly reviewing the plan to ensure services are coordinated, focused, and achieving goals.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Social work degree or level 4 diploma. Experience is desired.
- Have the ability to facilitate programmes for children and adults.
- Need proven time management, communication and, proficient IT skills along with demonstrated assessment and planning skills.
- Have the ability to build relationships.
- Be resilient to overcome challenges and use your analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
An an employer of choice we value our staff, we understand that people want an opportunity to grow and develop in their careers, we understand that the work is challenging and our staff needs support, encouragement and to be looked after. As a Support Worker in Schools, you will receive monthly clinical supervision and access to generous training and development opportunities.
You will also have a cell phone, laptop, and access to fleet vehicles.
Application packs are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org / 06 876 2156
Applications close: 5th March 2021