The Tauawhi Men's Centre Social Work Support Lead will provide leadership to the Tauawhi Men's Centre and help to strengthen and direct the level of practice excellence to meet the needs of our community.
You will work across the Tauawhi Men’s Centre and Family Works teams to respond with coordinated support to whānau.
- Day to day support of the Tauawhi Team (includes Triage and support group facilitation)
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and their whanau based on the principles of strengths-based practice
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with other providers.
- Participates and complies with all legislative, policies, processes and safe systems of work.
- Supports a culture of continuous quality improvement and professional development.
What you will bring:
- You will be confident leading and supervising a team, and communicating with both colleagues, clients and their whānau effectively and in a way that is respectful and collaborative.
- A high level of cultural competency and an understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and its application.
- Sound Judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
To be successful in this role:
- Group facilitation and assessment for intervention experience is essential.
- Qualification and registration in Social Work are essential.
- You will hold a clean and current NZ driver’s license.
- Police Vetting Clearance in accordance with the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014.
- You will be competent with IT, databases and reporting.
- You will have an understanding of contractual, legislative requirements and policies and processes.
Why work with us -
We value our staff. We know that people want an opportunity to grow and develop their careers. We understand that the work is challenging, and staff needs support, encouragement and to be looked after.
Access to regular clinical supervision, payment of your registration fees, a laptop and cell phone, plus access to fleet vehicles or mileage payment is standard.
Our focus is on collaboration through regular team meetings and support, offering generous training opportunities agreed to suit your personal development and a healthy appetite for staff wellbeing and wellness with paid time off for vaccinations and free flu jabs.
How to apply:
Contact adminFWgisborne@psec.org.nz for an application pack.
Applications close 5.00pm 29 October 2021. We reserve the right to close applications prior to this date.