About the role:
We're seeking a full-time Youth Mentor (32 hours p/w) to provide effective youth-centered, strengths-based support to youth and their whānau experiencing significant challenges that impact the youth.
You will work alongside them to achieve positive and lasting differences in their lives.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and whānau.
- Assess strengths and develop goals with youth.
- Collaborate with other services to support agreed goals.
- Provide a safe, supportive environment.
- Be a positive role model.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience working with youth.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic about youth and whānau potential.
- Develop community connections.
- Maintain high standards of practice.
- Take a team approach.
- Have a commitment to personal development.
As an employer of choice we value our staff, we understand that people want an opportunity to grow and develop in their careers, we understand that the work is challenging and our staff needs support, encouragement and to be looked after, we offer ongoing support and training and outstanding work culture.
Application packs are available from: adminFWgisborne@psec.org.nz
Applications close: 19th July 2021 at 5.00pm. We reserve the right to close applications early.