We are seeking a full-time Youth Social Worker to provide strength based social work support to whānau experiencing significant challenges that impact their wellbeing.
Although this role has a specific focus on youth you may also be required to support other whānau members to work towards achieving positive, lasting differences in their lives.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and whānau.
- Assess strengths and develop goals with clients and whānau.
- Collaborate with other services to support agreed goals.
- Provide a safe, supportive environment.
- Be a positive role model.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Social work qualification and registration.
- Have experience working with whānau.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic about youth and whānau potential .
- Develop community connections.
- Maintain high standards of practice .
- Take a team approach.
- A high level of cultural awareness, safety, and competence.
As an employer of choice we value our staff, we understand that people want an opportunity to grow and develop in their careers, we understand that the work is challenging and our staff needs support, encouragement and to be looked after, we offer ongoing support and training and an outstanding work culture.
Application packs are available from: adminFWgisborne@psec.org.nz
Applications close: 10 May 2021 at 5.00pm