We’re looking for an experienced Therapeutic Social Worker to join the Family Works team. You’ll work alongside tamariki and whānau in their environment and engage with them in a mana-enhancing way. You’ll be helping to build resiliency, supporting positive parenting, and encouraging whānau to use their strengths to provide a safe and nurturing home for their tamariki.
This role is based in Hastings but will serve CHB through to Napier.
- Conduct intensive and appropriate assessments of the needs and goals of tamariki and whānau, and support them to reach their aspirations through evidenced-based practice.
- Work professionally alongside other services supporting whānau to reach their goals.
The ability to work in a busy environment, along with excellent organisation and communications skills are key for this role. You’ll be committed to making a difference in the lives of others and have proven experience of working alongside whanau.
To be successful in this role you will -
- Be a qualified and registered social worker. Allied registered professionals will be considered.
- Hold a full driver’s license.
- Be culturally responsive and have a strong understanding of our responsibilities around The Treaty of Waitangi, knowledge of tikanga Māori and te reo.
- Produce comprehensive assessments, safety plans and interventions that meet the needs of the whānau.
- Have a variety of networks within the community and with key stakeholders like OT and HBDHB to strengthen resources for our whānau.
Why work with us -
We value our staff. We know that people want an opportunity to grow and develop their careers. We understand that the work is challenging, and staff needs support, encouragement and to be looked after.
Access to regular clinical supervision, payment of your registration fees, a laptop and cell phone, plus access to fleet vehicles or mileage payment is standard for Family Works Social Workers.
Our focus is on collaboration through regular team meetings and support, offering generous training opportunities agreed to suit your personal development and a healthy appetite for staff wellbeing and wellness with paid time off for vaccinations and free flu jabs. You’ll experience different work opportunities through rotation, benefit from strong clinical leadership and Māori cultural support, and be part of a team that values development and supports you.
To apply -
Application packs are available from: email@example.com.
Applications close 1/10/21. We reserve the right to close applications early.